lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV javascript-license

From: Marc Wachowitz
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV javascript-license
Date: 29 Sep 1997 10:01:23 +0200

address@hidden (David Woolley) writes:

> On the other hand, the Ada standard is available on the web, legally,
> but you have to pay for an expensive certification procedure before you
> can legally use the name Ada.  This is to maintain the purity of the
> language.

Once the DoD maintained "Ada" as a trademark, but as far as I know, that has
been dropped many years ago. I'd assume an _official_ certification procedure
costs money, but it's only "required" in the sense that many customers just
won't accept an uncertified Ada compiler. I think the validation test suites
are still freely available from the net (search from http://www.adahome.com/).

--
GiS - Gesellschaft fuer integrierte Systemplanung mbH
Marc Wachowitz                  Tel. +49-6201-503-38