lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: lynx271ssleay.uue

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: lynx271ssleay.uue
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 16:32:37 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (BEI XU) wrote to me instead of lynx-dev:
>Hi,
>I did the following
>1. download SSLeay-0.8.1 and make it--OK
>2. download lynx2-7-1.zip and unzip it

        2.5  download fotemods.zip and unzip it with -u, as explained
             in SSLeay.announce.

>3. uudecode your mail and unzip it (answer Y for replacing)

        Unzip that with -u and you can answer A)ll to avoid prompting.
The file dates are always newer than anything in fotemods.zip, so you
and use -u with both, in any order, and avoid repeated prompting.

>4. change makefile and make it, I got the following erros
>
>"/usr/include/stdarg.h", line 46.0: 1506-236 (W) Macro name va_start has been
>redefined.
>[...]

        You must be building it with slang, which causes those warnings
about va_start().   Contact John Davis, since the fix must be made in
the slang library or your system configuration.  Lynx doesn't use the
slang error messaging, so you can ingnore those warnings.

>"../../Library/Implementation/HTFormat.c", line 640.6: 1506-132 (S) Function
>HTFileCopy cannot be redeclared.
>make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

        I can't explain that.  Start with a clean make of:  the vanilla
v2.7.1 distribution plus the most current (today's) fotemods replacement
files plus the SSL hooks replacement files for that, and see if the error
still happens.

                                Fote