lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Compilation error

From: RamNarayan S
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Compilation error
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 19:23:26 +0500 (IST)

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, T.E.Dickey wrote:

Hi,

> > Thank you for your suggestions.
> >
> > None of them worked.
> >
> > The compilation stops before LYMainLoop.o is created.
> I would recommend checking my assumption that module size is a factor
> by ifdef'ing a large chunk of LYMainLoop.c, to see if smaller compiles
> succeed.  (It may indeed be a hardware problem - but I've also had reports
> from a while back that the NeXT machines aren't usually configured with
> a lot of memory, and dealing with this is a problem with older versions
> of gcc).  If a smaller (e.g., half-size) compile succeeds, perhaps we
> should consider restructing that module.

I noticed the same problem on compiling  one of the devel  versions of
lynx  (think it was ac59) on HP-UX 9.03.  Had to run the compile  with
minimal  system/user  processes  to get over this  module.  I used gcc
2.7.2.1.  So this looks like a  potential  memory  problem.  My system
had  quite an amount of  memory  configured  (think  it was 64M on the
whole) High time this module is broken up.

RamNarayan S
| << RamNarayan S >> | address@hidden |   \ /   | HASTEN SLOWLY |