lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx on HP-UX 10.*

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx on HP-UX 10.*
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 08:17:17 -0400 (EDT)

> > I made some fixes for ac #63, which should clear up the problems that I
> > saw (I'm not sure about the chartrans stuff - my fixes were in the curses
> > configuration tests).
> I tried ac63 just now, and I still have the same problem...no
> highlighting.
>
> The following suggestion was made on another list. Might this help??
perhaps.  (Apparently HP has had trouble shipping a workable version
of curses - this part about Hcurses is familiar, in the context of
the broken 'select()' function in the 10.x curses).

To test, I would configure with
        rm -f config.cache config.status config.log
        setenv CFLAGS "-D_HP_CURSES"
        setenv LIBS "-lHcurses"
        configure
so that the configure script can do the 'right' thing.

> >From address@hidden Thu Sep 11 08:05:27 1997
> Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 21:13:18 -0400
> From: address@hidden
> To: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
> Subject: [HPADM] SUMMARY Curses.h on 10.20
> The answer was to compile using the following format:
>
>       cc -o object_file -D_HP_CURSES source_file.c -lHcurses
Could you send me a copy of the curses.h so I can see what the _HP_CURSES
stuff ifdef's?  (If it's useful, I'll try to design a test to pick up the
right stuff).  Thanks.

Also - it'd be interesting (to me, anyway) to see if the test for
-lcurs_color failed because the library was not installed, or because of an
error in the script.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden