lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Bug Confirmed: fragment lost during 302

From: Chris Maden
Subject: LYNX-DEV Bug Confirmed: fragment lost during 302
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 13:04:09 -0400

When Lynx 2.7.1 follows a URL with a fragment, and receives a 302
redirection, it loses the fragment.

If you follow <URL:http://www.shore.net/%7Ecrism/geekcode.html#type>
(a link from my home page at work), you'll receive a 302 redirection
to <URL:http://www1.shore.net/~crism/geekcode.html>.  Lynx follows the
redirection, but positions the view at the top of the page, instead of
at the internal anchor.

I'm trying to be good boy and use the canonical server for my ISP, and
to follow RFC 1738 and escape the ~ as %7E.  But Lynx is punishing me
for it! )-:

I'm okay at writing C, but suck at reading other people's if it's as
complex as Lynx.  But if someone can point me in the right direction,
I can take a shot at patching this (now that I can do it on company
time without violating the GPL...).

Thanks,
Chris
;