lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Getting a site to recognize Lynx's frame capabilities

From: Brian Tillman, x8425
Subject: LYNX-DEV Getting a site to recognize Lynx's frame capabilities
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 11:42:03 -0400

Last week, I connected to http://www.bbd.com/ and found it telling me that my
browser does not support frames, even though I had configured the user agent
string to indicate that frames were supported (i.e., I pretended to be
Mozilla).
Lynx presented the FRAME: links for me to choose, in spite of the message.  I
informed the Webmaster there that my browser _did_ support frames, even though
their page said it did not.  I received a very nice reply from that person
stating that they would certainly look into it and correct the test.

I really appreciate Webmasters who are responsive to their audiences.
 Brian Tillman                   Internet: tillman_brian at si.com
 Smiths Industries, Inc.                   tillman at swdev.si.com
 4141 Eastern Ave., MS239        Addresses modified to prevent
 Grand Rapids, MI 49518-8727     SPAM.  Replace "at" with "@"
        This opinion doesn't represent that of my company
;
;