lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx-386 & file: relative links !

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx-386 & file: relative links !
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 13:10:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Eric Berenguier wrote:

> lynx http://localhost/a:\mydoc.html

try

lynx http://localhost/a:/mydoc.html

or

lynx http:///a:/mydoc.html

I tryed my darndest to resolve most of the kooky things supported by
url's, DOS, Win95 ad the various browsers but I know it didn't turn out
the greatest.  Other people are more than welcome to take a shot at it!
:-)

> works well, but i need to copy lynx config files into a: drive,
> so this won't word on a read-only media.

Try setting a HOME environment variable that points to the directory where
your config files reside.

;
;