lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Adding additional characterset support

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Adding additional characterset support
Date: 07 Aug 1997 16:03:03 -0600

KW> On 7 Aug 1997, Jason F. McBrayer wrote:

>> How much work would it be for me to add support for cp866 to Lynx
>> 2-7-1?

KW> It's easy to add a new character set for either the development code or
KW> fotemods after 1997-06-29, once you have set things up to compile the
KW> chartrans code.

Okay.  This will be another motivation for me to try to get chartrans
working on OS/2.  I haven't really got a satisfactory build of the
development code on OS/2 yet, and I have only gotten as far as I have
by taking out the chartrans code.

Sigh.  Well, it's better than nothing, since I can tell the user to be
able to expect cp866 support eventually.  For now I'll have to tell
him to keep trying to get the KOI8 codepage installed on his machine.

Thanks for your help.