lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV New update.

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV New update.
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 09:24:49 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 7 Aug 1997, Wayne Buttles wrote:

> I just checked in 2.7.1ac-0.47 which contains a splatter of little mods
> for the djgpp version as suggested by Doug Kaufman.  It also renamed
> about_lynx_dev.html to lynx_dev.html for 8.3 systems.  I do not have any
> new compiles at this time.  From the looks of things, maybe I should try
> starting clean and see what I get.

Wayne,

 Could you check the makefile.dos file, it seems somewhere in the business
of updating, between 2.7.1ac-0.24 and 2.7.1ac-0.25 to be exact, the
chartrans stuff got removed from that file.  I think that may have been
by accident, and the problems Doug had were a result of this (so he had to
take -DEXP_CHARTRANS also out of djgpp/makefile to get it working, and
that's how you checked it in in 2.7.1ac-0.47).  I think the chartrans
stuff should still work for DOS if the changes to both those files are
undone.

> Has anyone really tried the www.cygnus.com win32 compiler?  I don't want
> to invest a lot of time downloading and testing to be dissapointed (like
> last time), so if someone has tried it i'd like to chat about it.  It
> would be nice to be able to revert back to a mainstream compile for the
> win32 version.

Not me...

   Klaus

;