lynx-dev

Re: Draft CERT bulletin (was Re: LYNX-DEV security.html)

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: Draft CERT bulletin (was Re: LYNX-DEV security.html)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 14:14:18 +0000

Last week, Jonathan Sergent wrote:

> I've contributed binaries to Subir's repository before, once we decide on
> what to do release-wise I think we can get a nice new collection of them.
> I can, as usual, do Linux, HP-UX, and Solaris.
>
> I'm sure there are still several SCO people on the list who might be
> willing to compile and distribute binaries for their platforms.

As far as I know, the "SCO people" on the list are myself and one
extremely busy Gemini developer.  I'm currently on the wrong end of a
slow, expensive PPP link, with access to only one of SCO's several
operating systems.

I do have contacts.  If I had the URL of a stable code set known to fix
the security problems, I could probably get people at SCO to build
binaries.  But I hesitate to invoke those contacts until there's an
actual "version" to build; getting a *second* set of binaries built
would probably be much more difficult...

>Bela<
;
;