lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV /tmp patch, round 2

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: LYNX-DEV /tmp patch, round 2
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 01:19:47 -0500

This one is a bit more all-inclusive.

There is quite a bit of repetition that can be omitted.  In particular,
the verify_temp_file function is in there to catch any cases in which
Lynx is about to fopen(name, "w") a temp file that it's removed.  It
prints a nasty message and exits, as any such cases are due to
oversight on my part.

If people like this and/or once people like this, I'll port the changes
to lynx-current and/or to vanilla 2.7.1.

I've tested it a bit (tried lots of commands and surfed for a few
hours with it) and it seems to work, but I may have missed some things
(that's why all of the debugging stuff is still there).

One issue that I'd like some guidance on is the proper way to do
the error handling, as tempname() apparently can get called before
curses is started in certain cases [or maybe it was just another
bug that I attributed to that and then fixed at the same time].

Get it at: http://www.io.com/~sergent/lynx/
Read the "brief documentation" there, it explains things not explained
above.

I'm going to try and get some sleep now...

--
Jonathan Sergent / address@hidden / address@hidden
;