lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Bug somewhere in UCSetTransParams?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Bug somewhere in UCSetTransParams?
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 04:09:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> I am using lynx-2.7.1 with FM-19970706 and running
>
>       lynx -dump http://www.entrust.com/breq2.htm
>
> is unhappy.

I cannot reproduce this (but I am not running the exact same
version as you).  Does it happen only with that URL, does it happen
only with `-dump'?  I can't see anything unusual with that site.

> I am doing active development but I'm pretty sure I haven't
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> touched anything related to this stuff.

First suspicion: your files are out of sync.  Don't rely on the
Makefiles to recompile everything necessary after changing something
(or appying new patches).  Do a `make clean' unless you are
absolutely sure you understand what is affected by the changes.

> (The UC stuff showed up
> with the fote mods and I haven't looked at it at all.)

The UC stuff is my character translation stuff which Fote has added
to Fotemods.  (Think UC may stand for UniCode..)

> Problem appears to be that p_in is passed in as NULL.

If recompiling after `make clean' doesn't help, set breakpoints
before and after the call to LYGetChartransInfo(me) in actually_set_style
of HTML.c. Do a gdb `p *me' and `p *me->node_anchor->UCStages' before and
after LYGetChartransInfo(me) gets called.

> It appears to be
> processing BASEFONT but there isn't such a tag in the source.

How do you get that idea?  No, it is processing the initial HTML tag,
so some initialization is happening.

> I'm a bit busy so I don't have time to go figure out exactly what's
> going on. If someone could confirm this or point me towards
> what I might have done to break something, that'd be great.

Without any clue what you are working on, it's hard to say.
Again, make sure older .o files are removed.  The HTML.h files
in both source directories should be identical.

   Klaus

;
;