lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Forcing download

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Forcing download
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 21:06:18 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Doug Kaufman <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 17:28:35 -0700 (PDT)
> On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Giancarlo Cairella wrote:
>
> > If I do a
> >
> > lynx www.server.com/file.tar.gz
> >
> > the file gets downloaded as text and can't be uncompressed when the
>
> Did you try 'lynx -dump "[9]http://www.server.com/file.tar.gz"; >file.tar.gz' ?
>                              Doug

I've never had trouble doing
        lynx http://www.server.com/file.zip
Lynx prompts me to D)ownload or C)ancel then downloads it as a binary.

If .tar.gz files are downloaded as text, try
        lynx -source http://www.server.com/file.tar.gz >file.tar.gz

I believe -dump will try to render text/html files and -source won't.
--le

;
;