lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx, text/html and non-standard suffixes

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx, text/html and non-standard suffixes
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 15:01:07 -0500 (EST)

Ian McDonald <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Al Gilman wrote:

>> Possibly Lynx 2.6 is engaging in less-than-gracefull degradation
>> on receipt of an incorrect header.
>
>Thanks.
>

>> I never found a full URL to your page to try it with 2.7.
>>

>http://www.info.ft.com/index.ht1

        If I recall correctly, you indicated you are using v2.6, and
I don't remember if I had added parameter handling for Content-Type
headers yet in that version.  If not, you definitely should upgrade,
because charset parameters are finally really being used by http
and https servers.  However, in that case, the absence of a valid
charset=foo following the parameter punctuation (';') will cause
all versions of Lynx to force a download offer, so the WebMaster
for that site should be notified about the bad header.

                                Fote