lynx-dev

Re: Way to define character set when doing newspost? LYNX-DEV

From: H E Nelson
Subject: Re: Way to define character set when doing newspost? LYNX-DEV
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 09:16:27 +0900 (JST)

> > Seldom do posting to news groups, but recently used the news posting
> > feature of Lynx for the first time.  I was told that I was using
> > EUC when I should be using ISO-2022-JP; many people could not read
[...]
> I'm not sure about news, but in e-mail the messages are marked with your
> _Display_ charset..

That's it!  Thanks much.  My display is set to EUC:
     display (C)haracter set      : Japanese (EUC),
so at least I know where the EUC is coming from.

The problem is though, if I change the display charset to SJIS,
(same as ISO-2022-JP) then the display is so garbled that I can't
find my way around, and no amount of ^L or ^W will fix the screen
to where I can navigate.  I'll keep playing around.

__Henry
;
;