lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Using $HOME/.lynx to store lynx config files

From: H E Nelson
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Using $HOME/.lynx to store lynx config files
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 17:50:11 +0900 (JST)

>       OK; I'll buckle down and implement it.  One last question:

That's a very nice offer. Many TIA.

> should it be automatically created, or should it prompt the user for

Always nice to have a prompt when creating things.  (I assume there'll
be a check to see if `~/.lynx' doesn't already exist.)

> used when Lynx can't figure out what the user's home directory is;
> should it create a .lynx in /tmp?

That would be nice, though no particular need for a dot file there.
The Screen model is very nice, as I mentioned before.  It creates
a /tmp/screens directory, and then under that it creates a unique
directory for each user who runs Screen.  Those directories are
owned by the user and have permission 700.

__Henry
;
;