lynx-dev

Re: Lynx alters downloaded HTML LYNX-DEV

From: H E Nelson
Subject: Re: Lynx alters downloaded HTML LYNX-DEV
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 11:34:15 +0900 (JST)

> the (IMHO) dirty download. On the other hand, having a user-selectable
> option would satisfy everyone: a user chooses what he/she wants. Obviously,
> making it an option requires someone to write the necessary code. If no one
> has spare time for that, that's a completely different issue. If that's the
> case, I volunteer to write the code. If I submit the necessary patch, will
> you accept it?

As with your suggestion that "multiple MIME names for a character set be
supported", it is indeed not that no one is paying attention to you, but
that no one feels an urge or has the time to write code for it.  If you
want that feature, write the code to do it.

I worry most about your last comment, "If ... will you".  THAT'S NOT
WHAT LYNX IS ABOUT.  Share freely what you can; if no one wants it, well
that's their problem, isn't it?  (Personally, I still wonder why everyone
likes to hit 'm' then 'y' to go to the homepage when they can simply hit
`w'. :-)  That's their problem, and I'm not going to try to shove it down
their throats.

__Henry
;
;