lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV fotemods.zip update
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 11:23:34 -0400 (EDT)

>       Today's update gets that working in the for-slang code almost
> as efficiently as with VMS curses.  The Unix curses seems brain dead
> compared to the VMS curses, and doesn't restore what was there before
> when you do the delwin() followed by refresh() to retract the popup
> window.  I had assumed that would work for Unix curses as for VMS
umm.  I do remember VAX C curses handling of delwin as different in
that respect - but while I was using VAX C curses, the release version
was unusable (I patched mine) because it was unable to read single
characters (only buffers ;-).  DEC fixed that in a later release, then
broke it again.  (I assume they fixed it again shortly before you started
development with Lynx).

-- when discussing Unix curses, it would be useful to know which version
   you are talking about.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden