lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Porting Lynx to USR Robotics's PalmPilot

From: Tony Leung
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Porting Lynx to USR Robotics's PalmPilot
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 09:11:58 -0400

address@hidden wrote:

> On Thu, 22 May 1997, Tony Leung wrote:
>
> > I am thinking of porting Lynx to USR Robotics's PalmPilot. Is someone
> > working on such a project?
> >
> > What are the procedures to follow before starting on a port?
>
> Briefly,
>
> Generally you will need a UNIX or POSIX lookalike library of functions
> including network functions, i.e. the pilot will need things like socket()
> calls.  You will also need a way to move about the screen - there is a
> vt100 emulator for the pilot, and the code may be integrated, or you will
> have to implement your own set.

I am new to user-community software development. Who controls the
versions of Lynx?
The latest version of Lynx is 2.7.1. If i go off a do a port to XYZ
platform, do i have to re-port if 2.8, let's say, comes out? Are there
administrative procedures to follow for rolling ports back to the main
line, if deemed worthy?
;
;