lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Control-Z and SIGSTOP mysteries

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Control-Z and SIGSTOP mysteries
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 19:52:11 -0500 (EST)

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Tue, 20 May 1997, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Ok, just compiled fotemods 5/19 with both standard and slang builds.  On
>> HP, standard still will not suspend while slang suspends and resumes fine.
>> On Linux, both ncurses and slang suspend and resume perfectly... sigh.
>
>In the following section, near the bottom of main() in LYMain.c,
>try inserting a statement
>
>    signal(SIGTSTP, SIG_DFL)
>
>a) before the setup(terminal) call,
>
>OR
>
>b) before the mainloop() call.
>
>Does it change anything?

        I don't understand your logic for that suggestion.  Lynx doesn't
do anything itself for SIGTSTP unless the command line switch for
disabling escapes to shell was included.  Including that signal()
call wouldn't change anything normally, but would break the command
line switch if it has been used.

                                Fote