lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Control-Z and SIGSTOP mysteries

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Control-Z and SIGSTOP mysteries
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 21:32:26 -0500 (EST)

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:
>Thanks to one of John Davis's patches (now in fotemods and devel 0.24),
>one can now not only suspend Lynx during connection establishment (the
>"waiting for response" phase, and when resumed with fg it will continue
>at that point.  (So it's more than just display and command key glitches).
>(I have only tried with slang on solaris so far.)

        That was intended to communicate that I don't have the
foggiest idea why Hiram can't suspend on HP.  Note also that
depending on where you catch it in HTTCP.c, the retries might
count out when you do suspend successfully.  I had tried it
with both the solaris2 and solaris2-slang targets (using gcc)
on Scott's SPARC, to confirm it's OK with curses too, before
including those mods in the zip.

                                Fote