lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Problems with the new DTD

From: Roger Hill
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Problems with the new DTD
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 19:25:06 -0400 (GMT+4)

On Sat, 17 May 1997, Roger Hill wrote:

> 2. So, I went to download the latest version, WITHOUT turning off the old
> DTD.  The download is ok, but the "Save to Disk" page is blank, except for
> the status line at the bottom. Doing Ctrl-v at that point seems not to
> repaint the screen correctly; and hitting "enter, enter" blindly to save
> the file failed to save it.
>
> 3. I'll try to get 0.24 now, with the new DTD as default, and see what
> happens.

OK, it still blanks out.
I think the cause is related to the "CHECKMAIL:TRUE" setting in lynx.cfg.
I did a shorter download earlier, and there was no problem, but there was
also no new mail at that time.  With the ac0.24 d/l, there WAS new mail,
and the "you have new mail " message was displayed before the screen
blanked.

I'm using slang, linux 2.0.28.