lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Getting proxies to work

From: Robert Bonomi
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Getting proxies to work
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 08:18:24 -0500 (CDT)

+ Date: Fri, 16 May 97 13:31:52 BST
+ From: address@hidden (Alex Lyons A32/373-Winfrith Tel2368 FAX2508)
+ To: address@hidden
+
+ One final (I hope!) point:  having got proxy authorisation to work
+ alongside access authorisation, I suppose there ought to be an extra
+ argument to the lynx command of the form "-pauth=id:pw".

I'll merely suggest that this is a BAD IDEA(tm).

The reason:  in the case of UNIX, it exposes the "id" *and* the "password"
to anyone on the local machine, who can run 'ps'.

;
;