lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx Univ. Kansas problem

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx Univ. Kansas problem
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 08:51:45 -0400 (EDT)

  From: address@hidden
  To: address@hidden
  Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx Univ. Kansas problem

        I have been using the lynx browser through telnet at the university of
  kansas.  Recently I have accessed a link to northwest airlines (www.nwa.com)
  which locks ups lynx.  It says 2968 bytes read and then it stops.  It does
  not display anything.  I have to use ctrl-c to exit and I get disconnected.
  You can find the pages by using altavista.  I was accessing the www.nwa.com
  cybersaver information and home page.

                                Donald Harter Jr.

Don,

Please treat public Lynx installations as you would a test-drive
of a car.  Naturally, we are not happy if the car misbehaves
while you are test-driving it, but it sounds as though you have
used the public installation enough to know you want Lynx.

I hope you can find Lynx installed at mufn.org, or get Lynx
installed there.

--
Al Gilman