lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2.7.1ac-0.20 available

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2.7.1ac-0.20 available
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 18:46:41 -0400 (EDT)

There might be an easier solution for speech synthesizer users that would
save alot of coding.  If there's a hit, make the line of the hit line 2 on the
screen;
display line 1 as it exists in the search material, then on line 2,
display a modified line with inequality symbols surrounding the
search string <hit>.  After that, display what will
fit on the screen.  This way, it doesn't matter if highlighting detection is on
or not.  That kind of detection can slow performance down on some systems in
use on the net, so avoiding the need to use it might help level
the playing field for us.  If the <hit> stuff is all differently colored while
being
displayed that may help some users with color vision.