lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV [Fwd: BoS: A vulnerability in Lynx (all versions)]

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV [Fwd: BoS: A vulnerability in Lynx (all versions)]
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 10:46:04 -0600

OK, let me jump into to forray here.

How about doing the following:

define a symbol (has_mkstemp) based on the availiblity of this function
use code like this:

#if has_mkstemp
  <use mkstemp to create filename and open file>
#else
  <use mktemp to create filename>
  <open file>
#endif
  <continue>

If there are problems with availibility of mktemp, then a second symbol
(has_mktemp) can be used to decide if we should invoke a homemade version
of mktemp (possibly called ly_mktemp) as in the following:

#if has_mkstemp
  <use mkstemp to create filename and open file>
#else
# if has_mktemp
  <use mktemp to create filename>
  <open file>
# else
  <use ly_mktemp to create filename>
  <open file>
# endif
#endif
  <continue>

My C is a bit rusty since I haven't been doing C programming for the last
year (lots of HTML markup, CGI stuff in bourne shell and perl, and some other
stuff, but no C), but if needed, I could probably do ly_mktemp(). I know that
the windows version is a bit different, but with some finagling, can be worked
in.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,