lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: responses - Warning, verbose

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: responses - Warning, verbose
Date: Sun, 04 May 1997 17:17:05 -0500 (EST)

address@hidden (Scott McGee (Personal)) wrote:
>Klaus and Fote,
>
>I have been following (partially) your discussion of an anchor with an HREF
>with a URL and a fragment, and a fragment only when the URL in the former
>case is for the current document.
>[...]
>Hopefully I am not too far off base, and this note is of some help. Disregard
>it if you find otherwise.

        No, Scott, it's just bad logic in the devel code that necessarily
yields buggy behavior.  Let's just drop it for now.  Things have reached
the point where Klaus appears to be defending lack of support for FORMs
within PRE blocks, even though every browser attempts to support it.

        So let's just drop it, hope Klaus gets back to really important
development like finishing up the chartrans stuff, and thinks more
cooly, clearly, and insightfully about fragments down the road.

                                Fote