lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/ question

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/ question
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 21:48:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> I popped into the above page, went thru the cgi-bin, and got a patch
> that _claimed_ to upgrade me to version 17.  However, I don't seem to
> be able to find a tar or zip version of 17.  The patch didn't
> go well - it caused something to look for LYExtern.[ch] but they
> weren't created.  Also, there were some weird entries in the
> diff file that didn't make a lot of sense - some Index lines without
> diff files.  Finally, after I hoked around to get things to compile,
> I tried out the resulting executable and just got a core dump.  Before
> I bother trying to track down the core, I would like to just download
> the whole tar and compile fresh.

It looks like you hit the window between an update and the reflection of
that in the index page.  Klaus put some changes in today:
Lynx 2.7.1ac-0.17 Tue, 29 Apr 1997 13:49:22 -0600 by kweide

They will be seen in the www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/index.html page after
the midnight (MST) update.  I've set up twice daily archive builds, but
the patch cgi program gives you the up-to-the-minute version.

-----
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
I might have known!

;