lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Source code structure info somewhere?

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Source code structure info somewhere?
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 10:54:54 -0400 (EDT)

970425 Gunnar Strand wrote:
> Let me be polite and introduce myself, my name is Gunnar Strand and
> I study computer science in Sweden. I like to dig around in new sources
> and have recently installed Lynx2-7 on my Linux PC.
>
> I am a bit interested to play around with the source code for Lynx.
> Are there any documents on how the source is structured to help me
> understand what I'm reading? I've been browsing around the links in
> the H)elp, but can't seem to find any source code related material,
> except for the postings to this list.
>
> I am mostly interested in the page rendering process. (HTML.c?)

AFAIK there's nothing of the type you're looking for,
BUT you've just got yourself a most useful task (smile)!
Lynx is maintained by enthusiastic volunteers,
who exchange notes via this list,
but generally hack away at what interests them
without much attempt to teach others their arcane skills.

a good account of how the source works would make it MUCH EASIER
for those of us who know C but lack experience with big programs
to add to the code-writing effort occasionally.
 lynx.browser.org  would be an excellent site for such documentation.

see what others have to say & maybe you have knocked at the right door!

;