lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV mailto:address@hidden

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV mailto:address@hidden
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 18:03:52 -0400 (EDT)

970419 someone out there wrote:
> >                                     LYNX
> >
> >    Lynx is a text browser for the World Wide Web. Versions up through
> >   Lynx 2.7.1  run on VMS and various versions of Un*x. A port to Win32,
> >   and to DOS 386+ via DJGPP are included in the  current developmental
> >   version.
--- snip ---
> >     * If you are encountering difficulty with Lynx you may write to
> >        address@hidden The developers definitely want to hear if
> >       you have trouble with the current version of the code.
--- snip ---

it seems like  2 or 3 times a week  we get empty messages of this type.
is there something in Lynx documentation which needs tightening up?
some people seem to be hitting the wrong key or sending for help
without realising what they need to do.

we are getting beginners' messages which are clear & need simple answers,
which seems to me perfectly ok.  i try to do my bit with the easy ones
to provide a brief answer if no-one else gets to them.  as i've argued
in the past, lynx-dev needs to be a lot more than just writing code.

but eliminating empty messages to the list would help everyone.

;