lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Unzipping the Lynx2-7-1.zip file

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Unzipping the Lynx2-7-1.zip file
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 16:23:43 -0400 (EDT)

  From: Foteos Macrides <address@hidden>

  address@hidden (Larry W. Virden, x2487) wrote:
  >What you need is the unzip command.
  >
  >It seems like it would be a useful addition to a lynx.browser.org page
  >to list pointers to things like unzip, xli/xloadimage, SOCKS, WAIS, etc.

        For zip/unzip it's:

        ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/infozip

                                Fote

It seems the #1 place we can catch people's attention who need
this fact is on the page at

 Linkname: Lynx2-7-1

that many people visit just before they download.  I could add it at
http://lynx.browser.org/ but that's not so closely coupled to getting
the distribution.

I have the feeling that I have stripped the lynx.browser.org page
down to too little information, on the other hand concern not to
steal Lynx links's thunder, etc.

What do y'all think?

--
Al Gilman