lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Wyse terminal difficulties

From: Bruce Gullion
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Wyse terminal difficulties
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 08:48:19 -0700

T.E.Dickey wrote:

  > I swithced switched to the terminal type to wy50-mc (magic
  cookies) and
  > received a much better screen appearance.  My first hurdle, and a
  major
  > one at that, is the enter (or ^g) is still not behaving.
  >
  > I do have an install base to contend with (not by choice) so I
  will
  > attempt some adjustments on their end.
  >
  > I am not sure of the version of ncurses that I have now.  But if
  the
  > screen attributes were improved, is this an indication that my
  ncurses
  > is at least 1.9.9g or better? Because I have an install base to
  contend
  it's defined in the header files (e.g., curses.h) as
  NCURSES_VERSION.

I looked in my curses.h file and found that I am running NCURSES_VERSION
"1.9.9e"  Do I need to upgrade?  If so, where can I find the source?

  Someone added some code last fall to (better) support magic
  cookies,
  but I'm still regarding it as untested since they didn't actually
  test on a terminal with those attributes -- just looked at the
  traces (but I'm reasonably willing to do maintenance on it).

This sounds good to me.  What can I do to help?

Bruce Gullion
address@hidden

;
;