lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV UCdomap.c in lynx2.7.1oldRP+wb+ct-0.2 / Other news

From: Dick Wesseling
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV UCdomap.c in lynx2.7.1oldRP+wb+ct-0.2 / Other news
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 18:07:24 +0200

address@hidden said:
> Unfortunately, I couldn't use your chartrans features because
> gcc2.7.2 hung up in UCdomap.c (see below for what I was able to
> capture off the screen).  Because I didn't understand the problem, I
> deleted CHARTRANS_OBJS from src/Makefile to get a succesful compile.
>  Sorry.  If it matters, this is on sunos4.1.3.
>
> __Henry
>
> (To users of pubLynx, this means that c-lynx is no longer available
> - because you don't need it.)
>
> Klaus, there were 10 or so lines of error messages before these.
>
> UCdomap.c:1331: parse error before `.' UCdomap.c:1332: `s'
> undeclared here (not in a function) UCdomap.c:1332: parse error
> before `.'

I got the same problem. Turned out that if I do a "make" in the
lynx-2-7-1 directory and let that make recurse into the subdirs
everything compiles fine. However, if I cd into src and invoke make
*there* UCdomap.c does not compile.  Looking at src/Makefile reveals
why:

SITE_DEFS       = # FIXME: set in parent makefile
MCFLAGS         = # FIXME: set in parent makefile

So, either you were invoking make in the wrong directory, as I did, or
your parent makefile does not define -DEXP_CHARTRANS in SITE_DEFS
and/or SITE_LYDEFS.

;
;