lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV UCdomap.c in lynx2.7.1oldRP+wb+ct-0.2 / Other news

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: LYNX-DEV UCdomap.c in lynx2.7.1oldRP+wb+ct-0.2 / Other news
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 11:41:03 +0900 (JST)

First, let me say *THANK YOU*, Klaus, for incorporating Rob's
old character styles patch into the development code.  It is the
only practical way to offer color in a public-access captive
account.  I am very grateful.  The compile, except for chartrans,
went very smoothly.  This was the first use of ncurses4+patches
(Thanks, Tom) that I have had.  Though exercise is still minimal,
the binary seems to be functioning properly.

Unfortunately, I couldn't use your chartrans features because
gcc2.7.2 hung up in UCdomap.c (see below for what I was able
to capture off the screen).  Because I didn't understand the
problem, I deleted CHARTRANS_OBJS from src/Makefile to get a
succesful compile.  Sorry.  If it matters, this is on sunos4.1.3.

__Henry

(To users of pubLynx, this means that c-lynx is no longer
available - because you don't need it.)

Klaus, there were 10 or so lines of error messages before these.

UCdomap.c:1331: parse error before `.'
UCdomap.c:1332: `s' undeclared here (not in a function)
UCdomap.c:1332: parse error before `.'
UCdomap.c:1333: `s' undeclared here (not in a function)
UCdomap.c:1333: parse error before `.'
UCdomap.c:1334: `s' undeclared here (not in a function)
UCdomap.c:1334: parse error before `.'
UCdomap.c:1335: `s' undeclared here (not in a function)
UCdomap.c:1335: parse error before `.'
UCdomap.c:1336: `UC_MIMEcharset' undeclared here (not in a function)
UCdomap.c:1336: initializer element is not constant
UCdomap.c:1336: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
UCdomap.c:1337: parse error before `if'
UCdomap.c:1339: `s' undeclared here (not in a function)
UCdomap.c:1339: parse error before `.'
UCdomap.c:1341: `s' undeclared here (not in a function)
UCdomap.c:1341: parse error before `.'
UCdomap.c:1342: `s' undeclared here (not in a function)
UCdomap.c:1342: parse error before `.'
UCdomap.c:1343: `s' undeclared here (not in a function)
UCdomap.c:1343: parse error before `.'
UCdomap.c:1345: `s' undeclared here (not in a function)
UCdomap.c:1345: parse error before `.'

gcc hung up here so long that I pressed ^C to get out.
;
;