lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV long-term migration

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV long-term migration
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 14:24:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, Al Gilman wrote:

> Klaus Weide asked:
>   Now if you [anybody] have an idea how to make Lynx more
>   Netscape(et.al.) compatible (a.k.a. Un-HTML compatible) in a new,
>   structured way that doesn't bear those costs, and without sacrificing
>   correct treatment of valid markup, let's see it.
> I interpret this question to be rhetorical.  The discussion on
> My resident [i.e. amenable to friendly amendments] run-up plan
> for what to do before we tackle the parser is:
>
>       first, the external Mail User Agent interface.
> That's my $.02 worth; what do others think?

I've started reading RFC1524 in terms of how Lynx could have a better
external mail and viewer interface.  The current handling of mailcap could
be improved (e.g., does anyone still have a mailcap in
/usr/local/lib/mosaic/ ?).  I'm interested in working on moving such
functions as printing and mail outside of the main Lynx body.

------
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
The best conversation I had was over forty million years ago.

;
;