lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV HELPFILE definition

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV HELPFILE definition
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 09:12:26 -0500 (EST)

  From: Greg Sutherland <address@hidden>

  I would rather point to the help files on my machine if I could
  figure out the syntax.  Does anyone have an example of pointing to a
  file rather than a http?

You don't have to touch userdefs.h to do this.  Leave that with
whatever compiles and make the change only in lynx.cfg.

There is an example of a file: URL for HELPFILE in lynx.cfg as
distributed.

If you are putting the executable program in /usr/local/bin/
don't you want to put the help tree under /usr/local/lib/?

Question: Does the "localhost" have to be spelled out at this
point, or can the legal URL as follows be used:

HELPFILE:file:///usr/local/lib/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html

--
Al Gilman
;