lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Bug report

From: Duncan Hill
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Bug report
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 22:26:31 +0400 (GMT-4)

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Mark Costlow wrote:

> Hi, I've run into some pages which lynx can't seem to handle.  The symptom is
> that when you try to submit a form, you get the message ** Bad HTML!! No form
> action defined **  One such page is
> http://www.careermosaic.com/cm/amd/amd12.html

Hehe..its not really a bug.  Lynx is doing the "Right Thing", ie, obeying
the RFC's as best it can, whereas most other browsers don't.

>       {table}
>       {form}
>       {/table}
>       {/form}

If I remember correctly, there is an RFC or something somewhere that
states always open and close tags in sequence.  The table should either be
inside the form or the form inside the table. Ie, like this:

        {form}
        {table}
        {/table}
        {/form}