lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx & Tables

From: Root
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx & Tables
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 00:25:25 -0500

On Sat, 29 Mar 1997, mischa wrote:

> Can you please tell me if there is going to be a lynx which will support
> tables ?
> Because I really like lynx, and we are using a lot of tables :)

The closest thing so far is an awk script connected to a proxy I have at
www.mich.com/~thomas/ftp as lxprox.c - it spawns the awk script that
preprocesses tables into <PRE> sections.  I still need to update it since
I fixed the original awk script.

Rendering tables is a suprisingly complex process.  My t2tgrnest finally
does the right thing (except VALIGN) with just text.  It gets much worse
due to bad HTML.

Integrating the function internally to lynx will not happen very quickly.

address@hidden
finger address@hidden for PGP key

;
;