lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Go and No-Go for email form

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Go and No-Go for email form
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 09:08:01 -0500 (EST)

  From: "SRI KRISHNA ENTERPRISES <address@hidden>" <address@hidden>

  How do I send a message after filling out the e-mail form while at an URL.
  Also how do I cancel it in case I do not want to send the message.

  Thank you.
  Anand Padia

If it's an email _form_ what you do to send is _submit_ the form.
The submit button is a clickable item like a link.  The text that
appears in this item is set by the author of the form and may
vary, but I would expect it to use either the word "submit" or
the word "send" in this case.

The only time this gets messy is if the HTML of the form is messed
up and then sometimes Lynx will refuse to submit.

If you decide not to send a message after entering such a form,
use the PREV_DOC function (usually left-arrow key) to exit the
web page that holds the form.  You may have to answer "yes" to a
confirming question if your cursor was at the start of a
text-input field when you hit left-arrow.

--
Al Gilman

PS: when sending mail from the p)rint command or a mailto: URL,
you use Control-G to cancel the mail-sending activity.
;