lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Digital Certificates?

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Digital Certificates?
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 10:44:49 -0500

Michael Ritzert <address@hidden> writes:
 ] Well, there should be a way:
 ]
 ] make an export version with sufficiently short encryption key. Nicely
 ] modular,
 ] so that people from outside the US can easily add something better.

The way I understand it (I might be wrong) you have to get approval
to export regardless of key length.  It's just that if the key is
too long, they won't approve it.  That's why lynx can't even have the
SSL hooks in it.

We've come to the conclusion before that it'll require someone overseas
to maintain SSL patches and codesets.

Alan Cox has some RPMs on his UK ftp site.  Not sure if there are
diffs or filesets (for people without rpm) anywhere overseas.

--
Jonathan Sergent / address@hidden / address@hidden
;