lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Problem with the Win32 version

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Problem with the Win32 version
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 14:15:39 GMT

[Peter Karlsson]
> I'm having a slight problem with the Win32 (running it under Windosw
> 95) port of Lynx, namely that that it for some strange reason
> interprets my keyboard as having an American keyboard layout,
> instead of the Swedish one that I have. This is very annoying, since
> it's hard to write the URLs when :/~ and all those characters are at
> the wrong place :-/

Interesting - I have exactly the opposite behavior.  I have Windows 95
set up to use a Dvorak keyboard.  When I bring up a DOS shell, it
doesn't know about Dvorak - I have to close my eyes and touch-type
QWERTY.  However, when I run LynxW32, I'm suddenly back in the Dvorak
world.  It's a bit disconcerting.

In your Windows 95 Keyboard control panel, under the language tab,
what do you have for keyboard setups?  It's possible that for Swedish,
you have a Swedish keyboard, but for English, you have a
U.S. keyboard, and DOS is for some reason picking up the English
properties.  Try changing the English language to also use the Swedish
keyboard.

-Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden                  One Richmond Square
DynaText SIT Technical Support        Providence, RI 02906 USA