lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV downloading parts of files

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV downloading parts of files
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 21:04:41 -0500 (EST)

  From: NEALEY_JERRY_C <address@hidden>
  Subject: LYNX-DEV downloading parts of files

  Hello!  I was wondering in lynx is there a way to save a part
  of a document without saving the hole thing?  example.  Your help
  menu is 82 lynx pages long.  I may just want to save the
  'options" part to a file on my server.  The only way I know to
  save or download is to 'p' for printing options, and tthen I have
  to download the entire 82 pages.  again is there a way to mark
  places of interest and then download them only?

If the part you want to download to your PC is significantly
smaller than the file it is in (as in this case) you can for example
-- p)rint ("save to local file" choice)
-- g)o to the local file copy
-- e)dit to remove unwanted head and tail (close)
-- download

--
Al Gilman
;