lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV autoconfig changes for SCO OpenServer

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV autoconfig changes for SCO OpenServer
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 10:01:54 -0500

> > > that whole clause of configure.  If it isn't irrelevant, do what
> > > configure usually does: compile a test program.  If you can `cc
> > > -L/usr/ccs/lib -R/usr/ccs/lib` a program, then run it successfully, you
> > > at know that it is at least not immediately fatal to specify those
> > > flags...
> >
> > I agree here.
>
> Are you, Larry, running on a Solaris 2.x system?  What happens if you
> build Lynx without any -L -R flags at all?  I say it will Just Work.

Yes, I am building on Solaris 2.4 and 2.5.1.  If I build without any
-L or -R flags, the makefile cannot find -lslang, -lncurses at the
very least.  These are not in /usr/ccs/lib - they are in a local
library that is not in any standard place - as I have mentioned numerous times
previous to this.

I'm not arguing whether or not /usr/ccs/lib is or is not specified in
the makefile; I really could not care much less about that issue.

What I _do_ care about is that _if_ a -L is provided where a .so
is found, and _if_ that directory is not one that the run time dynamic
linker will search, _then_ a -R needs to be generated for that directory.
;