lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV win32

From: jonzonk
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV win32
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 13:50:04 GMT

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997 19:40:21 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, jonzonk wrote:
>
>> 3) Printing creates a file with unix style line-feeds which is a PITA
>> on a PC. I wrote a VB program to convert text being sent to a local
>> printer (I will happily share it with anyone that wants it) but it
>> would be nice if the option could be built into Lynx.
>
>I haven't run into any trouble yet.  What causes problems?

"Print" a page to file and then edit it with notepad. Its full of
black squares where the <cr><lf>'s should be.

I have since noticed that not all printers have problems with unix
style line feeds.

My ancient dot-matrix had no problem with processing the output from -

PRINTER:Direct to local printer:print "%s":TRUE

 - but the laserjet at work made a big mess similar to what's seen in
notepad.

>> 4) Sending a downloaded file to an external program (such as an image
>> viewer) suspends lynx and the viewer has to be exited before
>> continuing with Lynx.
>
>If you spawn a text mode viewer then yes you have to wait till you
>are done.  This is how lynx works.  Also, just like lynx in X, if you run
>a windows program as a helper app then you can continue.  I have run
>realaudio links and then kept surfing so I know Windows applications don't
>apply.

Ok. I was assuming that it was an MS Windows type of thing. Looks like
I'm gonna have to play around with mailcap etc,

--
jonzonk
;