lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV PC lynx file access questions.

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: LYNX-DEV PC lynx file access questions.
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 01:16:44 -0500 (EST)

OK, we have uncovered a number of quirks in how file:// access works in
95.  I guess it is time to re-write the handler.

Before doing that I need someone with NT to come forth and tell me how
close things are to 95.  Two things come to mind right off: does "dir
\\server\share\path" work in a dos box on NT and does NT have .lnk files
for shortcuts.

If NT uses .lnk files, could someone email one or two of them?  I am
curious how they compare to 95s.

One thing I found out, you can browse yourself by using your own server
name.  Guess I never thought of that.  I also found that
file://///server/share/path and just //server/share/path will work for
subdirectories on 95 with lynx.  Pretty weird.

Wayne

;
;