lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7: Doing "make svr4" on SNI SINIX-N 5.41 RM400 system ga

From: Karl Schmitz
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7: Doing "make svr4" on SNI SINIX-N 5.41 RM400 system gave compilation errors
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 17:40:40 +0100

Dear Lynx developers,

when I tried to compile the Lynx 2.7 sources on my SIEMENS NIXDORF RM400
(MIPS) system running Siemens's SINIX-N 5.41 derivate of SVR4 with

        "make svr4",

I experienced compilation errors in two modules. The modules were

        WWW/Library/Implemetation/HTFTP.c       and
        src/LYCookie.c.

The cause of both errors was a missing

        #include <time.h>

which declares both 'struct tm' and 'extern char * ctime()' on these
systems. Inserting

        #ifdef SVR4
        #include <time.h>
        #endif  /* def SVR4 */

right at the beginning (i.e. after the leading comments) of the above
modules cured the problem and Lynx was made properly without further
errors. My guess is that these errors occur on other SVR4 systems, too,
so it would be nice if you included these fixes in new Lynx releases.

                        Yours, Karl Schmitz (address@hidden)
;
;