lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV helping users get lynx upgraded (was Re: diffs, ISPs, et al

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV helping users get lynx upgraded (was Re: diffs, ISPs, et al.)
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 16:49:14 -0500

> 1) there is no other browser out there that is as conscientiously,
> frequently, and responsibly updated, patched, and improved as is lynx...

Let's not get carried away.  The Chimera browser is just as improved, etc.
as lynx.  I suspect that mnemonic is as well.  The W3 browsing mode for
emacs appears to have quite a few more features than lynx and is upgraded
regularly.

However, lynx does keep up, which is more than _some_ browsers can say
for their selves.

Also, just because there are ongoing bug fixes doesn't mean that something's
unstable, or that the site necessarily has to upgrade to them.  It just
means that the community keeps improving things.  Folks have been waiting
for quite a long time for the latest Perl release.  In it will be literally
hundreds of bug fixes, improvements, enhancements, additions, etc.

As for 2.4.2 suiting folk just fine - well, obviously they aren't using
it.
;