lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0 (process)

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0 (process)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 22:16:05 -0500 (EST)

  From: William Denton <address@hidden>

  On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Al Gilman wrote:

  : Just for concreteness, suppose for the moment that Styles is next.
  : Wayne's version is already available; he shifts gears to where he
  : inserts bug-fixes-only in it as bugs are discovered.  Rob would then
  : upgrade his mods to Wayne's current bug-fixed version, and Wayne
  : would then pass the "current development basis" baton to Rob.

..and Bill Denton responded
  I take it the CVS repository idea won't be used?

I was not assuming that CVS would be used or wouldn't be used.

I guess I _was_ assuming that automated code library on not, we
still might find it prudent to serialize the integration of major
functions.

What do the developers think?

The purpose of my process idea was to eliminate the
monkey-in-the-middle topology where there is one programmer with
everyone else throwing changes at him/her.  Flow the work to
spread the headaches.

--
Al Gilman

;