lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 08:59:04 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Nelson Henry Eric wrote:

> > Let the first person ready to do so, put out a 2.7-dev. Then, as the others
>
> Just to keep the ball rolling, I think Wayne just did.

And Klaus, and (hopefully) Rob this weekend...

> > get ready, they can fold in thier changes (which would be done against 2.7
> > initially, then reworked against 2.7-dev?). I strongly feel that we have a
>
> 2.7-dev sounds good.  There needs to be one more specific identifier as I
> stated earlier so that tweaking can take place and wires don't get crossed.
> Is the CHANGES file, which contributers should begin, i.e., move the one for
> lynx2-7 to CHANGES2-7 and have Wayne start up a new one, friendly to everyone?

First, my changes documentation are slim.  It is currently contained in
that little 386-WIN.TXT file.

I hate to say WHOA after I started much of the excitement but I need to
try and keep things in focus.  Since I have never been part of a project
and contributed back in real time this is getting past my comprehention.

We have three main codesets coming:

Lynx2.7 + FM fixes + Wayne's mods
Lynx2.7 + FM fixes + Klaus's mods + Hiram's mods
Lynx2.7 + Rob's mods + Hiram's mods + FM fixes (?)

I am thinking that maybe I should pull back since my code is easy to
integrate into other peoples.  Will it be easier to merge all this code if
they all have the FM bugfixes or does that make it harder (and why/how)?
I put out executable versions with bugfixes, but this doesn't mean I have
to keep going in that direction.  I still have a snapshot without the
fixes.

I am just getting nervous because of the size of the mods from Klaus and
Rob.  Maybe they feel like I do in that they can overlay their stuff over
anything because they know it well...

Wayne

;
;