lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV HP-UX (snake3) problems with Lynx 2.7

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: LYNX-DEV HP-UX (snake3) problems with Lynx 2.7
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:19:34 -0600 (CST)

Ok, I've identified WHAT is going on, but not why.  The addition of the
-Ae flag to the snake3 targets is what is causing the errors on dirent
stuff in HTFile.c.  Apparently this flag sets some things in the
<dirent.h> headers to prevent the inclusion of the dirent stuff.  If you
explicity add #include <dirent.h> to HTFile.c, things build fine, and the
binary doesn't have the text/html; q=0.000 problem.

HOWEVER, removing the -Ae flag from the snake3 target causes things to
compile just fine.  This version, though, has the text/html; q=0.000 bug.

I'm afraid I'm in way over my head here.  Given time I could probably
track it down, but someone more knowledgable about HP-UX could probably do
it sooner.  This all was tried on HP-UX 10.01.  Sigh...